The state party will be holding a training event in Underwood for Klickitat and Skamania Counties. This is a training to show us how to organize so we can flip CD3, LD14 and our county races. For more info and to RSVP please go to Rise and Organize Klickitat/Skamania.
Date: Saturday, March 3rd
Time: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Underwood Community Center
951 Schoolhouse Rd
Underwood, WA 98651
The Klickitat Democrats are proud to announce the election of our new Chair, Christina Fischer.
We also approved our new bylaws which can be viewed here, New ByLaws for 2018
First 2018 General Meeting: Monday, February 5 at 6:30pm at the White Salmon Library
- May 7 (in Goldendale)
- August 6 (in Goldendale)
- October 1 – let’s Get Out the Vote (GOTV!)
- November 12 – time to start thinking of January reorg…
Regular social gatherings begin again in February (location changes)
- Drinking Democratically (from root beer to beer) on 2nd Thursdays at 6:30pm TARWATER TAVERN White Salmon
- Coffee Klatch on 4th Thursdays at 10am Muggs in Bingen
- Klickitat and Skamania Democrats are teaming up for an Organizing Academy in early March
- The County Convention and the Legislative District sub-caucus is on March 24
- Saturday, June 16 – STATE CONVENTION
The Klickitat Democrats have gathered national, state, and local issues that our members, and our community-at-large, care about and want the Democratic Party to have a strong stance on all year.
Our Outreach Committee organized a September meeting for small group work on Environment, Education, Healthcare, and Human/Civil Rights. Notes can be found on our Resources-Party Documents page.
FUSE Washington trained us on the Heroe’s Narrative in October.
We are establishing a MESSAGING COMMITTEE to go through this data and strategize our way forward.
With 2018 elections around the corner we are also establishing an ENDORSEMENT COMMITTEE to establish standing rules on how the Klickitat County Democratic Party wants to handle nominations and candidate endorsements.
If you’d like to be a part of the messaging and/or endorsement committees please email firstname.lastname@example.org.