First 2018 General Meeting: Monday, February 5 at 6:30pm at the White Salmon Library
- May 7 (in Goldendale)
- August 6 (in Goldendale)
- October 1 – let’s Get Out the Vote (GOTV!)
- November 12 – time to start thinking of January reorg…
Regular social gatherings begin again in February (location changes)
- Drinking Democratically (from root beer to beer) on 2nd Thursdays at 6:30pm
- Coffee Klatch on 4th Thursdays at 10am
- Emerge WA (training for democratic women candidates and campaigners) are at the White Salmon Library at 6pm on Thursday, February 1 for a 2 hr training.
- Klickitat and Skamania Democrats are teaming up for an Organizing Academy in early March
- The County Convention and the Legislative District sub-caucus is on March 24
- Saturday, June 16 – STATE CONVENTION
The Klickitat Democrats have gathered national, state, and local issues that our members, and our community-at-large, care about and want the Democratic Party to have a strong stance on all year.
Our Outreach Committee organized a September meeting for small group work on Environment, Education, Healthcare, and Human/Civil Rights. Notes can be found on our Resources-Party Documents page.
FUSE Washington trained us on the Heroe’s Narrative in October.
We are establishing a MESSAGING COMMITTEE to go through this data and strategize our way forward.
With 2018 elections around the corner we are also establishing an ENDORSEMENT COMMITTEE to establish standing rules on how the Klickitat County Democratic Party wants to handle nominations and candidate endorsements.
If you’d like to be a part of the messaging and/or endorsement committees please email email@example.com.